How to Apply
For an application to be considered for Admission, the following items are required. The checklist below will assist you in understanding all the relevant documents required to complete an application. The Admissions Team is always available and happy to help, should you have questions or require assistance.
1. An application form must be submitted online
2. Official copies of academic records from each school attended during the past three years, translated to English and certified, as well as any standardized test scores such as ERB, ITBS, ISA, NWEA etc. Applicants to Prep Reception, Prep Junior, or Prep Senior must provide all existing preschool reports.
3. For applicants who have previously received or been recommended for any support services - all previous school report cards in addition to any psychological testing results, Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), EAL or any other assessments (e.g. Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy). Please provide complete information about your child's previous educational experience. Reports indicating learning needs and abilities are particularly important.
4. Other required forms:
5. Parents are required to fill the Society for ISKL Membership Form (only ONE per family), including copies of parents' passports.
6. A photocopy of the applicant's passport showing the passport number and date of birth.
7. TWO recent passport-size color photographs of the applicant, with the applicant’s name written on the back or a scanned copy.
ONE recent passport-size color photograph of each parent, with the parent’s name written on the back or a scanned copy.
8. A photocopy of a valid Malaysian Work Permit/Residence Permit or a letter from the parent’s employer certifying employment in Malaysia.
* Student must have a valid Student Pass or permit to study.
9. A non-refundable application fee of RM1,210 or $325 per applicant. Payment may be in Cash, Cheque, Banker’s Draft or by credit card in Ringgit Malaysia (RM) or US Dollar (USD), or via Telegraphic Transfer payable to THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF KUALA LUMPUR.
I. Checks in Ringgit Malaysia should be made payable to “The International School of Kuala Lumpur”
II. Telegraphic transfers to ISKL may be made via: CIMB Berhad,
Account No: 8008-352-178, CIMB Bank Berhad, Lot 1 Ground Floor Gleneagles, Kuala Lumpur, 282, Jalan Ampang 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Swift Code: CIBBMYKL
III. USD Fees should be made payable by USD checks drawn in US. For telegraphic transfer bank details with TD Bank, N.A. please contact our ISKL business office.
IV. Payment by credit card for online application only.
Please note that an application will only be reviewed once all required items have been submitted. Once the items have been received and reviewed, parents will be informed about next steps, which may include admissions/placement screening. All screening for admissions is administered at ISKL. Screening is required for all applicants to Prep Reception, Prep Junior and Prep Senior. In some cases, students applying to Grades 1-12 may be required to complete admissions screening.
English as an Additional Language (EAL) classes may be available to students with limited or no English. An EAL test is administered when appropriate to determine English proficiency level. All EAL students must demonstrate average to above average grades in their past school records to be considered for admission.
ISKL policy states students must be in full-time residence with at least one parent or a legal guardian.