How to Apply
In line with ISKL’s sustainability initiatives, our admissions application is paperless. You will find the link to our online application below. Please note that for an application to be considered for Admission, the items below are required. The checklist will assist you in understanding all of the relevant documents needed to complete an application. Please note that all documents must be uploaded into the online system. Our Admissions Team is always available and happy to help, should you have questions or require assistance. We will be in contact with you once we have received your application.
1. Application to be submitted online - you will be directed to the OpenApply site where you will be asked to create an account in order to start the application process. You will be asked to upload all required documents into the application. Documents for each category must be combined into one file in PDF format.
2. Official copies of academic records and transcripts from each school attended during the past three years. These records should be translated to English and certified, as well as any standardized test scores such as ERB, ITBS, ISA, NWEA etc. Applicants to Prep Reception, Prep Junior, or Prep Senior must provide all existing preschool reports.
3. For applicants who have previously received or been recommended for any support services - all previous school report cards in addition to any psychological testing results, Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), EAL or any other assessments (e.g. Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy). Please provide complete information about your child's previous educational experience. Reports indicating learning needs and abilities are particularly important.
4. Authorization to Release Records Online Form - your permission for your child’s previous school to release information/school records to ISKL, and gives ISKL permission to contact the school directly.
5. Student Health Online Form - Part 1 to be submitted online at time of application. Part 2 to be printed and completed, signed and stamped by a doctor. Immunization records are also required.
6. Early Childhood Online Questionnaire - for students applying to Prep Reception, Prep Junior or Prep Senior
7. Elementary School Background Information Online Form - for all Elementary students applying to Prep Reception through Grade 5
8. Confidential Reference Online Form - you will be asked to provide an email address for your child’s teacher, counselor or principal to complete the online Confidential Reference Form - all students
9. Society for ISKL Membership Online Form - As a not-for-profit school, all parents are accepted to be members of the Society of the International School of Kuala Lumpur.
10. A copy of the applicant's passport showing the passport number and date of birth.
11. A copy of each parent’s passport.
12. A recent passport-size color photograph (with white background) of the applicant and each parent.
13. A copy of a valid Malaysian Work Permit/Residence Permit or a letter from the parent’s employer certifying employment in Malaysia.*
* Students must have a valid visa to study at ISKL.ISKL policy also states that all students must be in full-time residence with at least one parent or a legal guardian.
14. A non-refundable application fee per applicant. Payment may be by credit card or via Telegraphic Transfer payable to THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF KUALA LUMPUR.
1. Telegraphic transfers to ISKL may be made via:
CIMB Berhad - Account No: 8008-352-178; Swift Code: CIBBMYKL
CIMB Bank Berhad, Lot 1 Ground Floor Gleneagles, 282 Jalan Ampang 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2. Payment by credit card.
Please note that an application will only be reviewed once all required items have been submitted. Once the items have been received and reviewed, parents will be informed about next steps, which may include admissions/placement screening. All screenings for admissions are administered at ISKL. Screening is required for all applicants to Prep Reception, Prep Junior and Prep Senior. In some cases, students applying to Grades 1-12 may be required to complete admissions screening.
English as an Additional Language (EAL) classes may be available to students with limited or no English. An EAL test is administered when appropriate to determine English proficiency level. All EAL students must demonstrate average to above average grades in their past school records to be considered for admission.