HS Counseling & University Guidance
High School (HS) Counseling
Our counselors provide a comprehensive counseling program to meet the social-emotional and academic needs of all high school students through a variety of delivery methodologies including a grade-level pastoral advisory program, grade-level seminars, and small group and individual counseling sessions. Counselors stay current on university admission worldwide and provide individual and group university counseling. Ongoing collaboration with students, parents, teachers, administrators and the school psychologist regarding health and well-being of our student body is at the heart of the counseling program.
High School Counselors are supporting students and families in many ways including:
- Grade-level seminars and advisory programs focus on student health and well-being
- Individual and small group counseling sessions
- Regular well-being surveys to check in on students
- Targeting support, homegroup lessons and workshops based on emerging. data-supported community needs
- Guidance on curriculum choice and subject selection
- Support with beyond-school choices whether university, service, gap year, or workplace
- Individual support and guidance in choosing the best-fit university, application, and admission
School counselors help raise the profile of ISKL’s High School program with university outreach initiatives. They visit universities, stay current on international admissions policies, and maintain relationships with university admission representatives. Each year, counselors provide workshops on the university selection process for various countries. Comprehensive reference materials on universities, financial aid, and career choices are available for students and their families to review. They also provide support for students who are interested in taking American university entrance exams such as SATs (Scholastic Aptitude Tests) or American College Test (ACT).
No posts found!