For our youngest students, learning is about inspiring curiosity and learning through play. ISKL’s Early Childhood Program (Prep Reception, Prep Junior, and Prep Senior) is based on the development of the whole child with social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative skills cultivated through learning experiences and activities within structured and creative environments.
In line with current research our teachers scaffold and support a broad range of active learning opportunities. Children construct their own knowledge about themselves, others, and the world around them by practicing developmentally appropriate skills, making choices about their individual learning, and communicating their understanding through healthy relationships with peers and adults.
Our Early Childhood faculty and staff are committed to ensuring an exceptional education for our learners. We value a partnership with parents and the connection between school and home, which nurtures a strong foundation for lifelong learning experiences.
- Small class sizes with a friendly and caring atmosphere.
- Large, well-resourced classrooms where independence is nurtured and curiosity encouraged.
- Our World Language Program (Chinese and Spanish) commences in Prep Senior.
- Wide range of technology tools to enhance learning
- Developmentally appropriate learning spaces: child-friendly kitchen, woodworking, gardens, art studio.
- Outdoor learning spaces and climbing wall.
- Purpose-built playground for gross motor development.
- Specialist faculty that provide extra support for language, literacy, social and emotional and physical development.
Yours in partnership,
Elementary School Principal
Elementary School Contact
P: +603 4813 5001
Julie joined ISKL in 2018 as Elementary School Principal. Previously, she has served in roles as Elementary School and Middle School Principal in both Ghana and the US. Prior to her nineteen-year career as a Principal, Julie was a School Counselor and taught grades 2 and 3. She holds a Masters of School Administration (Educational Leadership), Masters in Education (School Counseling), and a BA (Elementary Education, Speech Communication).
Subscribe to our Event Mailing list and Make Our ISKL, Your ISKL!