For our youngest students, learning is about inspiring curiosity and learning through play. ISKL’s Early Childhood Program (Prep Reception, Prep Junior, and Prep Senior) is based on the development of the whole child with social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative skills cultivated through learning experiences and activities within structured and creative environments.
In line with current research our teachers scaffold and support a broad range of active learning opportunities. Children construct their own knowledge about themselves, others, and the world around them by practicing developmentally appropriate skills, making choices about their individual learning, and communicating their understanding through healthy relationships with peers and adults.
Our Early Childhood faculty and staff are committed to ensuring an exceptional education for our learners. We value a partnership with parents and the connection between school and home, which nurtures a strong foundation for lifelong learning experiences.
- Small class sizes with a friendly and caring atmosphere.
- Large, well-resourced classrooms where independence is nurtured and curiosity encouraged.
- Our World Language Program (Chinese and Spanish) commences in Prep Senior.
- Wide range of technology tools to enhance learning
- Developmentally appropriate learning spaces: child-friendly kitchen, woodworking, gardens, art studio.
- Outdoor learning spaces and climbing wall.
- Purpose-built playground for gross motor development.
- Specialist faculty that provide extra support for language, literacy, social and emotional and physical development.
Yours in partnership,
Elementary School Principal
Elementary School Contact
P: +603 4813 5001
Julie is the Elementary School Principal and has been with ISKL since 2016. She has served as ES Principal and MS Principal in Ghana and the US. Previous to her nineteen years as a Principal, Julie was a school counselor and taught Grade 2 and Grade 3 students. She holds a Masters of School Administration in Educational Leadership, a Masters in School Counseling, and a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education and Speech Communication.