ISKL’s Middle School is a bridge between the Elementary years and the High School years. By providing a safe and supportive learning environment, wrapped with lots of joy and enthusiasm, the Middle School allows students to thrive during three amazing years of growth and change.
In the Middle School, we like to say our goal for kids each day is, “Tired bodies, tired brains, happy faces.”
The bulk of a student’s day involves the core subjects, allowing students to meet high academic standards while engaging in thematic learning and interdisciplinary teaming. A wide variety of elective options, combined with required rotations provide a rich and varied academic program. Augmenting this is a huge variety of co-curricular activities including sports, service learning, special interest clubs, and the performing arts which allow students to development new skills and interests as well as the exploration of existing passions.
Each day begins in a multi-grade homegroup where one teacher meets with 8 - 10 students with the primary purpose being to build relationships and make connections with students. The friendships formed here, combined with the lessons and activities, help students deal with the social and emotional changes of adolescence.
- Chinese, French or Spanish can be studied at beginner, intermediate, advanced levels. Chinese is also available in Near Native/Mother Tongue.
- Student agency offers students more voice and choice in their education and prepares them to take purposeful initiative.
- A daily multi-grade homegroup program promotes friendship and connection between students of different grades and age levels.
- Students are supported by an educational psychologist and counseling team covering all aspects of their academic, social and emotional development.
- All students attend Malaysia Week, an outdoor interdisciplinary learning program which takes place in Malaysia’s rainforests and reefs.
Middle School Principal
Middle School Contact
P: +603 4813 5002