Over the years, ISKL has built its outstanding international reputation by balancing sound tradition for academic excellence with a caring and inclusive community. In the High School we provide opportunities for a very diverse student body in which to engage and to find success.
The ISKL High School program offers students a unique educational experience which offers challenging academic programs and extra-curricular opportunities designed to cater for the specific needs, interests, talents, and aspirations of students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
As you will see from the pages that follow, students have a host of initiatives from which to choose in order to develop, grow and ultimately benefit. ISKL graduates leave our school community with options. It is our belief that students find the right fit when evaluating post secondary choices, therefore, we are exceedingly proud of the variety of institutions at which our graduates have been offered positions.
- Authorized to run the IBDP in 1989, ISKL is the longest runningIB World School in Malaysia.
- Our 27 year IB pass rate is 96.4% (worldwide pass rate is consistentlyaround 80%)
- We offer the IB Diploma Programme on a non-selective basis.
- Typically two-thirds of students elect to take the full IB Diploma.
- In 2018, 20% of students earned a Bilingual IB Diploma.
- IB Language and Literature courses are available in Chinese, English, French, Japanese, Korean and Spanish.
- All students who meet ISKL’s graduation requirements will receive a U.S. High School Diploma including those who complete the IBDP.
- Specialist counselors provide support for university selection, application,and admission.
- Support is also provided to students taking worldwide universityentrance exams.
- All Grade 9-11 students participate in Global Action Program (GAP) expeditions which combine service learning with outdoor activities at locations throughout Asia.