The ISKL Early Childhood Program is based on development of the whole child. Social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative skills are cultivated to support our students to become lifelong learners.
Early childhood research indicates that play is essential in a child’s learning and development. Purposeful play aids in the construction of learning, sparks creativity and encourages imagination.
In line with current research, our teachers scaffold and support a broad range of active learning opportunities. Children construct their own knowledge about themselves, others, and the world around them by practicing developmentally appropriate skills, making choices about their individual learning, and communicating their understanding through healthy relationships with peers and adults.
ISKL Early Childhood faculty and staff are committed to ensuring an exceptional education for our learners. We value a partnership with parents and the connection between school and home, which nurtures a strong foundation for lifelong learning experiences.
- Small class sizes with a friendly and caring atmosphere
- Large well-resourced classrooms where independence is nurtured and curiosity encouraged
- Wide range of technology tools to enhance learning
- Developmentally appropriate learning spaces: child-friendly kitchen, woodworking, gardens, art studio
- Outdoor learning spaces and climbing wall
- Purpose built playground for gross motor development
- Specialist faculty that provide extra support for language, literacy, social and emotional development