Interested in joining us? Find out more details on vacancies currently available.
Please find here the latest vacancies for ISKL for 2021 - 2022. We encourage interested applicants to periodically check this site during the upcoming months as vacancies develop. Additional vacancies will be posted after October 2, 2020 which is after our “early-tell” notification. Those who are qualified for the posted vacancies and are already registered with either Search Associates or ISS may apply for open positions through our online application process.
Shortlisted candidates for our positions will be notified by our administrators.
We thank you for your interest in ISKL and look forward to reviewing the applications!
|Date Posted||Job Opening||Division||School Year|
|_||No openings at this time.||_||_|
Immediate Opening for: PAC Technical Specialist - Theatre Department
Divisional Team: Performing Arts Centre
Department/School: Performing Arts
Reports to: Theatre manager
The purpose of this role is to support and strengthen ISKL’s position as a leader in international education by preserving its rich culture, diversity and reputation through the contributions of its Performing Arts Centre (PAC). This should be enhanced by encouraging and providing opportunities for creativity, both artistic and intellectual, and through the study and practice of performing arts by producing a dynamic, inspirational program that delivers exciting artistic experiences, informs audiences, involves participants, and empowers our community and society.
This role must be in line with ISKL’s vision in creating a harmonious environment that allows learning to be stimulated, curiosity sparked, vision cultivated, and action inspired, so that the PAC provides an essential platform for its community to BE ALL YOU ARE!
To achieve this purpose, all PAC technical aspects need to be effectively and fully supported by this role. Adopting current requirements to develop the capacity to address the evolving demands of operating technical equipment, as well as diagnosing and resolving media system problems, is crucial to this role.
Every action taken in this role, including its out-of-school hours and working environment, must be consistent with the ISKL Mission; in that, it provides the very foundation for our students and its community to develop the attitudes, skills, knowledge and understanding to become highly successful and socially responsible global citizens.
- General support and collaboration with PAC team in the operations, maintenance, inventory of all ISKL PAC space equipments including lights and lighting console, sound equipment, video projector, microphones, sound console, speakers, special effects equipment, rigging system, IT equipment and other technical systems used during events, rehearsals, performances, and academic assessments
- Responsible for the full maintenance and upkeep of all relevant and related equipment and other technical systems
- Responsible for the full or partial set ups and storage of all relevant and related equipment and other technical systems for related events.
- Collaborate with the PAC team on any other related duties.
- Knowledge and operational characteristics of theatre/media production, communication, dissemination techniques and methods as well as transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of theatre programs including theatre production lighting, sound, and rigging equipment, services and activities of technical operations.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Operational characteristics and techniques used in Methods and techniques in maintaining, installing, and repairing electrical and mechanical equipment used in stageproductions. (This does not extend to maintenance and repair where a licensed electrician is required.)
- A basic competency in stage carpentry, and working experience of scenic design and construction would be an asset
- Knowledge of pre-production, production, and post-production (bump in & out, return of rented materials )
- Basic principles of operational characteristics of computer hardware and software
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with school personnel, teachers and students, and with those visiting the school, contacted in the course of work.
- To emulate and excel in ISKL’s culture in demonstrating empathy and care, commitment to collective efficacy beliefs in nurturing positive impacts to students’ achievements and have high expectations of self is an absolute necessity!
- Must have the ability to interact and have effective communication amongst PAC colleagues as well as all within the ISKL community, and be respectful in multinational settings
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources regarding PAC activities
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong in a PAC environment. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- An interest in the world of theatre and a good awareness of the industry and its workings
- Must be able to think creatively, communicate effectively, reason critically, collaborate constructively and learn enthusiastically.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum STPM / A Levels or equivalent of Form 6
- TVET -Technical Vocational Education and Training
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar capacity or relevant field
Interested candidates are requested to submit applications electronically in a PDF format to include cover letter, resume, qualifications and certifications, lists of a minimum of three references, and phone/email contact details to be addressed to:
Ms. Punita Subramaniam
Closing date: April 9, 2021
*Please note - Candidates should be aware that in the event an exceptional applicant is identified early in the search process, ISKL reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline is reached. Therefore, it is important that interested candidates apply as early as possible.