The mission of the Panther Activities & Athletics Department is to provide an exceptional Activities & Athletics experience to all students involved, to continuously pursue excellence in the classroom and on the field of play while promoting character development and leadership skills in all participants.
GOALS FOR THE DEPARTMENT
While the unique nature of each sport dictates its specific objectives, the athletics and activities department as a whole aims to:
- Conduct a program that strives to achieve a high level of interest and support of students, faculty, alumni, local community and other segments of the community.
- Employ an athletics and activities staff and coaching staff of integrity, knowledge, skills, and leadership qualities that enable programs for the mental, moral, and physical benefits of student-athletes.
- Administer and compete in IASAS,ISAC, and friendly fixtures with high ideals of integrity and sportsmanship.
- Provide student-athletes and participants with adequate access practice and competition facilities.
- Provide student-athletes and participants with support systems to promote academic success In addition to athletic success.
- Provide successful competitive athletic opportunities as well as non-competitive opportunities in the areas of fine arts and activities.
- Provide relevant information for all sports and activities to parents, faculty, and the ISKL community as a whole.
Participation at the Varsity level is generally limited to the most highly skilled players and those with the ability to interact constructively with other players for team success. The coaching staff, in consultation with the athletics directors, will determine the level of play for each student-athlete (Varsity, Junior Varsity, Junior Varsity ‘B’, and Freshman) based on what would be most beneficial to the progress and development of each player and team. It will be understood that playing time could be limited at certain levels and during certain times of the year.