How to Apply
In order for an application to be considered for Admission, the following items are required. The checklist below will assist you in completing the application process. The Admissions Team is always available and happy to help, should you have questions or require assistance.
1. An application form must be submitted online
2. Official copies of academic records from each school attended during the past three years, translated to English and certified, as well as any standardized test scores such as ERB, ITBS, ISA, NWEA etc. Applicants to Prep Reception, Prep Junior, or Prep Senior must provide all existing preschool reports.
3. For applicants who have previously received or been recommended for any support services - all previous school report cards, in addition to any psychological testing results, Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), EAL or any other assessments (e.g. Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy), must be submitted along with the Application. Reports indicating learning needs and abilities are particularly important.
4. Other required forms:
5. Parents are required to fill the Society for ISKL Membership Form (only ONE per family), including copies of parents' passports.
6. A photocopy of the applicant's passport showing the passport number and date of birth.
7. Two recent passport-size color photographs of the applicant with the applicant's name written on the back.
8. A photocopy of a valid Malaysian Work Permit/Residence Permit or a letter from the parent's employer certifying employment in Malaysia.
9. A non-refundable application fee of RM1,100 for 2016-2017 school year and RM1,155 or USD325 for 2017-2018 school year, per applicant. Payment may be in Cash, Check, or Banker's Draft in Ringgit Malaysia (RM) or US Dollar (USD), or via Telegraphic Transfer payable to THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF KUALA LUMPUR.
* Telegraphic transfers to ISKL may be made via:
Citibank Berhad, 165 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Account No: 0114-961-019, Swift Code: CITIMYKL
CIMB Berhad, CIMB Bank Berhad, Lot 1 Ground Floor Gleneagles, Kuala Lumpur, 282, Jalan Ampang 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Account No: 8008-352-178, Swift Code: CIBBMYKL
Please note that an application will only be reviewed once all required items have been submitted. Once the items have been received and reviewed, parents will be informed about next steps, which may include admissions/placement screening. All screening for admissions is administered at ISKL. Screening is required for all applicants to Prep Reception, Prep Junior and Prep Senior. In some cases, students applying to Grades 1-12 may be required to complete admissions screening.
English as an Additional Language (EAL) classes may be available to students with limited or no English. An EAL test is administered when appropriate to determine English proficiency level. All EAL students must demonstrate average to above average grades in their past school records to be considered for admission.
ISKL policy states students must be in full-time residence with at least one parent or a legal guardian.